Hello human beings! I have made it to Day 15 and the attempt to not collect personal plastic rubbish is going swimmingly. It is also awesome to share with others my journey. For example in the weekend I got to hang out with my very rad 10 year old nephew and we went to the supermarket. He asked if we were putting our food into a plastic bag at the checkout and I said no we will use these reused bags because it means we are not putting plastic into the environment that affects wildlife. He was super excited about this and went on to talk about how he learnt that NZ was going plastic free. YAY For spreading the environmental goodness.
So my meals still pretty much involve vegetables, fruit and fresh baked bread (yuuuuuuum). I have been composting my food scraps and burning cardboard. So far I have collected a plastic straw, a lid wrapper off peanut butter and a plastic lid. On Friday nights I coach/manager a girl's basketball team, usually I buy them lollies in plastic wrappers but this week I used my own reusable bag whoop whoop. This also triggered some cool conversations about waste. (PS: Our team won 59-19 Yeya)
I also baked my first loaf of bread using Nadia Lim's No Knead Seed Bread (Thanks Hannah Gold for the recipe and Abbie for helping me) https://nadialim.com/recipe/knead-seed-bread/
It was easy to make and it tastes so delicious!!! Definitely recommend this to everyone!
For me another challenge is make up - I know it sounds silly but it was a habit and something I wore everyday, sometimes I feel like I really want to put it on. It is a good challenge to try avoid make up and other hair products that use products that are not recyclable. Anyway that is all for now! Hope you are all happy and well! Thank you so much for reading.
Lots of Aroha, Lees



Comments
Post a Comment