Soooooo Day 30 is here and here is my jar of plastic from the month.
It includes a plastic straw, three milk lids, a cereal bag, cookie wrapper, chicken stock tin foil and a plastic spoon.
I tried my best to replace or stop using items that are not recyclable.
I replaced shampoo, conditioner, face wash, body wash with these blocks made by Ethique.
I replaced my plastic tooth brush, mouth wash and tooth paste with bamboo tooth brush and recyclable tooth paste.
I reduced my use of hair products and make up which I found difficult, especially the make up. I like to wear it to try and cover acne scars. It was a good challenge to try avoid make up and be confident without it.
I replaced washing detergent for soap nuts.
I also avoided plastic packaging at the supermarket by eating fresh vegetables, fruit and bread. I learnt so much through this challenge and I am excited to phase out plastic from my life as much as possible. Thanks for reading my posts and for the support. To finish here are a couple pics of some awesome discoveries.
Trade Aid use home compostable packaging on their chocolate!!!
You can buy fresh peanut butter (you even make it yourself) from Bin Inn and it only cost $2.00!!!
Lots of Aroha, Leesa








Wow, so impressed with your effort. A before shot with a month's normal waste would have been good as a comparison. Were you able to burn paper waste?
ReplyDeleteCurious about the recyclable toothpaste. We're you able to get the tube re filled?
Hi Jean, I was burning paper waste. Perks of a fire at the flat. Here is the info on the tooth paste :)
DeleteThanks for your support and wisdom x
How it works:
Collect 10 used tubes of Grin toothpaste (why not team up with family and friends to collect tubes even quicker)
Once you have collected 10 used tubes of Grin toothpaste email info@grinnatural.co.nz to receive a free postage label
Post the used tubes and any toothbrush bristles back to Grin and we’ll ensure they are recycled into useful goods such as bench seats and watering cans!
Each time you send back 10 tubes of Grin and we'll return the favour and send you a $5.00 voucher to go towards your next order from our website!